CAREER GUIDANCE AND COLLEGE COUNSELLING SERVICE
The following are the services offered
• Counselling- Helping students to explore their thoughts and feelings and the choices open to them; giving care and support to students learning to cope with the many aspects of growing up
• Assessment- Helping students to obtain self-understanding through the use of psychometric tests and other inventories.
• Information-Providing students with objective and factual data in education and training opportunities, occupations, labour, market information, entitlements etc
• Advice- Making suggestions based on the advisor’s own knowledge and experience and the information available at the time.
• Educational Development Programmes Facilitating the transfer of knowledge and skills relating to studying, examination performance, choices of subjects and levels.
• Personal and Social development programmes-Facilitating the transfer of knowledge and skills relating to a student’s personal and social development, self-awareness, decision-making and planning. Pastoral Care in the School (including Care Team/role of year head)